Develop your understanding of the Science behind Back Pain,
and how Yoga Postures can be used and adapted to help treat and reduce the symptoms of Back Pain.
Yoga Science & Back Pain CPD & Workshop:
Yoga Science and Back Pain CPD Training and Workshop is suitable for both Yoga Teachers, Yoga students, Sports Massage Therapists, Sports Therapists and Fitness and Health Professionals, who would like to incorporate Yoga techniques and postures within their
current practise and treatment.
It is also suitable for those who would like to further develop their understanding of the Anatomy of back pain, causes and symptoms.
Approved and Accredited by:
Yoga Alliance Professionals and The Sports Therapy Association
and provides 8 CPD hours.
Saturday 30th September 2017 from 10 am - 5 pm
The Jury's Inn Hotel,
Fleming Way, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 2NG
**Free parking is available and the hotel is just a five minute walk from the mainline train station.
Early Booking Offer is just £75
Book Now using the secure PayPal button.
Format of the day:
- Skeletal and muscular anatomy will be reviewed and discussed in relation to back pain, treatment and prevention.
- Yoga postures and physical therapy techniques will be reviewed in line with the treatment and prevention of back pain.
- Emphasis will be placed on how specific yoga postures and therapy techniques can be used to manage and reduce the symptoms of back pain and how techniques can be adapted to suit specific individual needs.
- Discussion will focus on the Anatomy of back pain and the importance of gaining a balance between flexibility and strength within key muscle groups.
- Application in relation to group settings and one to one treatment will be discussed.
- Working within small groups you will design balanced sequences which aim to increase range of movement and strengthen appropriate muscle groups.
The day will conclude with Q & A.
This course contains both theory and practical elements, therefore please dress for practical tasks.
Course Tutor: Dawn Morse BSc, PGCE, MSc, SYT
Taught by Dawn Morse who has a Masters Degree in Sports and Health Sciences, is a qualified Teacher, Sports and Remedial Massage Therapist and Senior Yoga Teacher.
Dawn has been working within the field of Sports Massage Therapy and Sports and Health Science for over fifteen years and has over eight years of experience as a Sports Science and Therapy Lecturer and Programme Leader for the University of Bath Sports Therapy Foundation Degree. Dawn is now an associate lecturer for the Open University and is a Senior Yoga Teacher for Yoga Alliance professionals. Dawn aims to draw all of these experiences together within this CPD course and workshop in order to provide an informative and practical day.
The Jurys Inn Hotel, Fleming Way, Swindon, SN1 2NG on
30th September from 10 am - 5 pm.
**Free parking is available and the Hotel is just a 5 - 10 minute walk from the train station. Bring lunch with you as there is a break out room within the function suite. Or lunch and drinks can be purchased on site.
If you have any questions about the course or venue please use the contact form or call Dawn Morse on 07887 535766.
Book Now to gain our Early Booking Discount of just £75